Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel 2003 Maximum File Size

Is there a maximum file size limit to Microsoft Excel 2003 worksheets.
I've been to the online Microsoft Excel Limits and Specifications site
and can't find anything relating to maximum file size of saved
worksheets. Many thanks in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

There is a thread on here somewhere that says files get pretty much unusable
after about 100mb. Too much information for computers to handle effectivly.
Can't say I've ever used one bigger than 3mb but I don't think there is an
upper limit.

--
Dave

"mrpete2004" wrote:

Is there a maximum file size limit to Microsoft Excel 2003 worksheets.
I've been to the online Microsoft Excel Limits and Specifications site
and can't find anything relating to maximum file size of saved
worksheets. Many thanks in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I use XL 03 extensively and have used spreadsheets close to 200 mb in size.

The size limit in Excel is not a function of Excel but rather the amount of
RAM you have and your processor's speed and, of course, disk space.

That said, if you are looking at so much data that your .XLS file size is
close to 100mb, you may be better off using a db like Access.
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.