Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default What defines the column width intervals?

Can anybody tell me what it is in Excel that defines the increment size for
the column width?

The reason I ask is that I have two worksheets with two different width
increments. In one sheet, the increments are 0.14, 0.29, 0.43, 0.57, 0.71,
0.86. In the other sheet, they are 0.13, 0.25, 0.38, 0.50, 0.63, 0.75, 0.88.

Both were created on the same computer, on the same day, using the same
template and font.

As trivial as this may seem, it's driving me nuts, because I need to have
*exactly* the same column sizes in both sheets. And I know an easy solution
would be to use whole number column widths, but that's not possible for
space reasons.

Anyone have any advice?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi sionevar,

Don't know why it is creating different sheets but a simple
workaround is to open your first sheet right click the tab
at the bottom select move or copy and check create a copy.

HTH
Martin