KG

Default why can't I place the cursor directly on certain cells?

when I am on Sheet2!A1 and I try to enter a formula such as =Sheet1!C4, I
find that I cannot point directly to Sheet1!C4; I need to go around and
around until I find the first cell in Sheet1 that will accept the cursor; and
then I can finally land on C4 by using the keyboard arrows. What causes that
and how can I prevent it?
Gord Dibben

KG

Is the Sheet2 protected and some cells locked for selection?

Check out ToolsProtection. Is Unprotect Sheet available for selection?

If so, click on it. You may have to supply a password.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 11:59:03 -0800, "KG" wrote:

when I am on Sheet2!A1 and I try to enter a formula such as =Sheet1!C4, I
find that I cannot point directly to Sheet1!C4; I need to go around and
around until I find the first cell in Sheet1 that will accept the cursor; and
then I can finally land on C4 by using the keyboard arrows. What causes that
and how can I prevent it?

Gord Dibben

I re-read your original post and realize you can eventually select Sheet C4
using the arrows, so this would rule out the "locked cell" theory I first
postulated.

You enter an = sign in Sheet2 A1 then switch to Sheet1 and cannot point to C4,
right?

I cannot replicate your problem on any workbook.

Have you tried another mouse?

When you go around and around to find a cell that will accept the select is it
always the same cell or random cells?

Hang in there, maybe someone else will have a solution. Probably something
simple and we'll do the forehead slap.

Gord