Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Stop cell auto format in Excel - SOLUTION!

I've seen many posts about folks wanting excel to not auto-format/parse
cells when loading from a CSV file.

After struggling with the same problem myself and fiddling around for a
bit I came up with this solution.

Lets say that we want to put the value of "6/7" into a cell as it is.
Naturally this would end up in our CSV like this...

but Excel assumes that it is a date and converts it to 6 Sep. If
however, we expressit as a formula and put it into the CSV like this...

then Excel correctly displays it as Text. =D