-   -   Drop down list (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/107978-drop-down-list.html)

David T

Drop down list

I'm trying to create a drown down list in excel that is link to a query in
access. Right now i create a list in the workbook I'm working on, then use a
validation option in the Data menu to create the drop down.

I want to use an Acccess file as a central location where people can add new
items to the drop down list. I don't know if this is possible, but if anyone
knows how to do this, please help!!!!!!!!!!!

Debra Dalgleish

Drop down list

In Excel, you could use DataGet External DataNew Database Query, and
pull the data from the query onto a worksheet.

When you import the data, a name is automatically created, e.g. Query
from MS Access Database. Use that name as the source for the data
validation list, and it will automatically adjust.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures