Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Copying Cells Value- Not Formula?

Hey guys, this is giving me a little trouble and it looked like this
would be a good place to ask.
i used the CONCATENATE formula on a workbook and need to transfer the
results to a seperate workbook. Unfortunatly it copies the formula and
not the values. Is it possible to do the latter?

thanks
-ben

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Select the cells in question.
Right click in the selection and choose "Copy".
Right click *again* in the selection and choose "Paste Special".
Click on "Values", then <OK.

Now, navigate to your "other" WB and right click in your starting cell,
And choose "Paste".

original formulas.

--
HTH,

RD

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hey guys, this is giving me a little trouble and it looked like this
would be a good place to ask.
i used the CONCATENATE formula on a workbook and need to transfer the
results to a seperate workbook. Unfortunatly it copies the formula and
not the values. Is it possible to do the latter?

thanks
-ben

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ian Ian is offline

Using Paste SpecialValues straight into the second WB is a quicker way to
achieve this.

--
Ian
--
"RagDyer" wrote in message
Select the cells in question.
Right click in the selection and choose "Copy".
Right click *again* in the selection and choose "Paste Special".
Click on "Values", then <OK.

Now, navigate to your "other" WB and right click in your starting cell,
And choose "Paste".

original formulas.

--
HTH,

RD

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hey guys, this is giving me a little trouble and it looked like this
would be a good place to ask.
i used the CONCATENATE formula on a workbook and need to transfer the
results to a seperate workbook. Unfortunatly it copies the formula and
not the values. Is it possible to do the latter?

thanks
-ben

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I know that!

Just didn't say it because I'm old and forgetful.

(Been using that excuse a lot lately.)<g

RD

"RagDyer" wrote in message
Select the cells in question.
Right click in the selection and choose "Copy".
Right click *again* in the selection and choose "Paste Special".
Click on "Values", then <OK.

Now, navigate to your "other" WB and right click in your starting cell,
And choose "Paste".

original formulas.

--
HTH,