Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Grid without a border?

in Excel 2003 is there a way I can have a gid without having the border?
I've selected "no border" evey way I know and I can't get rid of it...tried
to make border print "white".....

Can I make a grid (table) without a border in Word 2003?

Don't make me use print shop for my project , please.....
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CLR CLR is offline

If you want a "grid" that does not correspond to cell borders, you can create
the cell sizes you want somewhere off the working area of your sheet, and
apply borders to that area. Then you can select it and do Ctrl-Shift-Edit
CopyPicture and then paste it as a "grid" over your working area..........

hth
Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Wendy" wrote:

in Excel 2003 is there a way I can have a gid without having the border?
I've selected "no border" evey way I know and I can't get rid of it...tried
to make border print "white".....

Can I make a grid (table) without a border in Word 2003?

Don't make me use print shop for my project , please.....

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

in Excel 2003 is there a way I can have a grid without having the
border? I've selected "no border" every way I know and I can't get rid
of it...tried to make border print "white".....

Not sure of your meaning, but maybe this'll get what you want.

First select a range, like C5:H25, and use
Format Cells Border
to get a grid with border.

Next select row 4 (before the range) and use the "Borders" button in the
"Formatting" toolbar to clear all borders from row 4.

Likewise for row 26, for column B, and for column I.

Result is a grid of lines but without the bounding-box border.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

It still prints a border all the way around the grid.

Another thought:

Click on
File Page setup Sheet
and make sure "Gridlines" is not checked.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CLR CLR is offline

Try highlighting the entire area of cells where the border is and then do
Right-click Format cells BorderTab None........

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3