Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Print separate reports with same column heading

I have a spreadsheet with a defined header and column headings which
prints on each report. What I need to do is only select say rows 48 and
49 and print them (with the set header and column info) and then on a
separate page, print rows 79 through 85 (with the set header and column
info).

The only way I can do this so that the information shows up right under
the column heading info, is to change the SET PRINT AREA and select the
rows I need. This creates an additional step.

I would like to be able to highlight rows 48 and 49 and hit print and
it prints my report with the header and column headings and with just
the data from rows 48 and 49. This goes to one person. I would then
highlight rows 79-85 and hit print and it would print the info from
just those rows under the colunm headings.

Is it possible to skip the SET PRINT AREA each time I print?

NOTE:
If I do not set the print area, the rows I select print way down on the
page or on a second page.
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I was making the spreadsheet for a teacher who gets an excel report
each week and only wants to send each parent their kids info.

So I set up the frozen pane for the column headings. I was trying to
make it so she could scroll down and just select the line(s) that had
to be printed and it would print with the column headings.

Not sure what you mean byt the option button. When I select FILE PRINT
I get my print box (that is the same in every program with my printer
and what orientation etc.
Dave Peterson wrote:
What happens if you select the range first (rows 48:49), then do
file|Print
and click on the selection option button (in the bottom left)

And repeat it for the other areas.

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

And if you look at the bottom left corner of that File|Print dialog box, you'll
see a "Print What" section.

You can print the Selection, the Entire workbook or the Active sheet(s).