Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Can't deselect drop down field in a pivot table

Hi folks,

I've got a problem where in any new pivot table the drop down boxes for
the field data no longer allow me to deselect anything. For example, I
have data counted by time, grouped by month/year, and I want to turn
off 2005 - I used to be able to do this, but I can no longer. I assume
there's a global setting somewhere that I have inadvertently changed,
but I can't find it!

I've tried new pivot tables on new, very simple data with no luck.
I've restarted PC also.

Any thoughts?

Cheers
Aidan

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

Thanks to Debra, here is the macro I use to get rid of Unsused items

Sub DeleteOldItems()

Dim ws As Worksheet
Dim pt As PivotTable
Dim pf As PivotField