Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How can I allow users to update a pivot table when it is locked?

I have a work book which has a pivot table integrated as a summary page. I
need to allow the end user to update the pivot table with their changes but
not allow them to be able to change/modify/update the pivot table it self?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

you can record a macro as you unprotect the sheet, refresh, then reprotect.
Then, add a "Refresh" button to the worksheet, and assign that macro to
the button.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How can I allow users to update a pivot table when it is locke

Debra,

Thanks for the quick reply. I created this macro but the challenge now is
that it asks the user to enter the password. My end user cannot know the
password to the workbook. Any other ideas?

Also, Do you know how to set a print setting to enter the date when the
pivot table was last updated. This would be very helpful.

Thanks - Rob

Rob Coldwell wrote:
I have a work book which has a pivot table integrated as a summary page. I
need to allow the end user to update the pivot table with their changes but
not allow them to be able to change/modify/update the pivot table it self?

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In the recorded code, you can add a password, e.g.:

'==========================
Sub RefreshPivot()

ActiveSheet.Unprotect Password:="MyPwd"
ActiveSheet.PivotTables("PivotTable1").PivotCache. Refresh
ActiveSheet.Protect Password:="MyPwd", _
DrawingObjects:=True, Contents:=True, _
Scenarios:=True, AllowUsingPivotTables:=True
End Sub
'=======================

To add the refresh date to the footer, you can use a macro.
Sub PrintPivot()
Dim ws As Worksheet
Set ws = ActiveSheet

ws.PageSetup.RightFooter = "Last refreshed: " & _
Format(ws.PivotTables(1).RefreshDate, "dd-mmm-yyyy hh:mm")
ws.PrintOut Preview:=True

End Sub