Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Why Am I Getting the "Named Argument Not Found" Warning?

I've inherited the macro below. It prompts the user to enter a person's name
and a lesson number. (This is for keeping track of the use of proper names in
a textbook development project.) It then looks on a master list of names on
another sheet ("Alll Names") to see if it's approved for use. If so, it
deposits some info in a few columns on the original sheet for tracking
purposes.

Sub ClassifyName()
myRow = ActiveCell.Row
CurrentSheet = ActiveSheet.Name
UserInput$ = InputBox$("Name,Lesson")
i = InStr(1, UserInput$, ",")
If i 0 Then
uName$ = Left$(UserInput$, i - 1)
uLesson$ = Mid$(UserInput$, i + 1)
ActiveWindow.ScrollWorkbookTabs Position:=xlLast
Sheets("All Names").Select
On Error GoTo NoSuchName
Cells.Find(What:=uName$, After:=ActiveCell, LookIn:=xlFormulas,
LookAt _
:=xlWhole, SearchOrder:=xlByColumns, SearchDirection:=xlNext,
MatchCase _
:=False, SearchFormat:=False).Activate
If Selection.Interior.ColorIndex = 46 Then
MsgBox uName$ + " has been used previously."
Exit Sub
End If
With Selection.Interior
.ColorIndex = 46
.Pattern = xlSolid
.PatternColorIndex = xlAutomatic
End With
Selection.Offset(0, 1).Select
EthnicGroup = Val(Selection.Offset(0, 0).Text)
Selection.Offset(0, 1).Select
SexIndicator = Val(Selection.Offset(0, 0).Text)
Selection.Offset(0, 1).Select
Sheets(CurrentSheet).Select
ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = uLesson$
Worksheets(CurrentSheet).Cells(myRow, 2).Select
ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = uName$
Worksheets(CurrentSheet).Cells(myRow, EthnicGroup).Select
ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = 1
If SexIndicator 0 Then
Worksheets(CurrentSheet).Cells(myRow, SexIndicator).Select
ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = 1
End If
Worksheets(CurrentSheet).Cells(myRow + 1, 1).Select
Else
MsgBox "Your input was invalid!"
End If
Exit Sub
NoSuchName:
MsgBox "Your name was not found!"
End Sub

When I try to run this, I get the awful named argument not found box. Help!
Does anyone have any ideas? I'm trying to run this on a Mac, and the macro
was originally used on a PC, but I honestly don't see what in this would
cause my Mac to cry.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks, Bob: That did the trick! I would NEVER have figured that out!

Sorry about the delayed response: I left work early yesterday and just saw
your reply this morning. Many thanks!