Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How can I sum the number of check boxs, checked in excell 2003

I would like to total the number of check boxs in a column, that have been
checked.

Using Excel 2003

Thanks
AL
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Dim chk As CheckBox
Dim c As Long

For Each chk In ActiveSheet.Checkboxes
If chk.Value = Then c = c + 1
Next chk

MsgBox c

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Arfa" wrote in message
I would like to total the number of check boxs in a column, that have been
checked.

Using Excel 2003

Thanks
AL

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You will need VBA code to do this.

Personally, i think a a "better" solution is to use Data Validation with
YES/NO (or Y/N)options and then use (for example) SUMIF to calculate number
"checked" i.e answer of "YES" (or "Y")

=SUMIF(A2:A100,"Y")

"Arfa" wrote:

I would like to total the number of check boxs in a column, that have been
checked.

Using Excel 2003

Thanks
AL

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You are right John, but he could use checkboxes and link that to cells (D1,
D2 etc.) and then just use

=COUNTIF(D1:D10,TRUE)

--
HTH