Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Using multiple IF statements

I need an equation that basically says:
If cell is blank ("" (which is a return of a false statement)), do nothing
and return blank, else run this "IF" equation which has a true and false
return.

I'm trying something like this, but won't work.
=IF(A1="","",IF(A1=B,True,False))
Is it because there is an equation in the reference cell and not "" ?
The equation I tried returns the false statement of the second equation and
not "".

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The "B" in your formula ... is that the letter B?
If it is your function might work in this form:
=IF(A1="","",IF(A1="B",True,False))

--
Andy Wiggins FCCA
www.BygSoftware.com

"Jshendel" wrote in message
I need an equation that basically says:
If cell is blank ("" (which is a return of a false statement)), do nothing
and return blank, else run this "IF" equation which has a true and false
return.

I'm trying something like this, but won't work.
=IF(A1="","",IF(A1=B,True,False))
Is it because there is an equation in the reference cell and not "" ?
The equation I tried returns the false statement of the second equation
and
not "".

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Here's why I kept it short:
My real equation:
=IF(OR(AND(SUM(COUNTIF(CO14:CZ14,"S")+(COUNTIF(BE1 4:CD14,"S")))=38,COUNTIF(CF14:CN14,"M")0),(AND(SU M(H14:AI14,AK14,AM14,AO14,AQ14,AS14,AU14,AW14,AY14 ,BA14,BC14)=38,SUM(AL14,AN14,AP14,AR14,AT14,AV14,A X14,AZ14,BB14)<9))),"TGCE","GEL")

I need to insert an IF statement that if a cell is "", return "", else run
the above equation. It works fine if the new equation is false, but if true,
I get the false answer of the above equation.

"Jshendel" wrote in message
I need an equation that basically says:
If cell is blank ("" (which is a return of a false statement)), do
nothing
and return blank, else run this "IF" equation which has a true and
false
return.

I'm trying something like this, but won't work.
=IF(A1="","",IF(A1=B,True,False))
Is it because there is an equation in the reference cell and not "" ?
The equation I tried returns the false statement of the second equation
and
not "".

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,
I also want to show a blank if the referance cell is blank...
could anyone tell me how I do that with this formula please?
=IF(C299%,"Complete",IF(C274%,"Nearly Finished",IF(C249%,"Half
Way",IF(C224%,"Early stages",IF(C2=1%,"Started",IF(C2=0%,"Nothing
Done"))))))

thanks