Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Formula Calculation Glitch?

I am working with a large (10MB) excel file and for some reason, cells with
simple calculations often don't show the latest output unless I click on the
cell, click in the formula, then click enter. This is the case even with
automatic calc on, and even if I push F9. Does anyone know how to make excel
calculate these cells???

Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Rebuild the dependency tree.
In newer versions of Excel this is done by pressing CTRL+ALT+SHIFT+F9, in older ones find and replace all "=" with "="

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"Jake" wrote in message ...
|I am working with a large (10MB) excel file and for some reason, cells with
| simple calculations often don't show the latest output unless I click on the
| cell, click in the formula, then click enter. This is the case even with
| automatic calc on, and even if I push F9. Does anyone know how to make excel
| calculate these cells???
|
| Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Jake,

Did you find a solution to this? I have a spreadsheet doing the same.
Rebuilding the dependancy tree didn't help.

Thanks,

Steel1960

"Jake" wrote:

I am working with a large (10MB) excel file and for some reason, cells with
simple calculations often don't show the latest output unless I click on the
cell, click in the formula, then click enter. This is the case even with
automatic calc on, and even if I push F9. Does anyone know how to make excel
calculate these cells???

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Check all these: