Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel 2003 - Hyperlinks

How do I stop an email address in a cell appearing as a hyperlink?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

put a leading apostrophe in front of it.

"oceanmist" wrote in message
How do I stop an email address in a cell appearing as a hyperlink?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi oceanmist. You could also go to Tools-Auto Correct Options, select the
Autoformat as you type tab and uncheck Internet & network paths with
hyperlinks. HTH
--
Sincerely, Michael Colvin

How do I stop an email address in a cell appearing as a hyperlink?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi there Michael,

What if the text is already in the cell - and you want to activate it?
Without right clicking on each cell individually?

Thanks!

WHyvon

How do I stop an email address in a cell appearing as a hyperlink?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Why Von. If you select the cell where you want the hyperlink, you can
then press f2 and then press enter and it will create the hyperlink. This
only works one cell at a time, but it goes pretty fast. HTH
--
Sincerely, Michael Colvin

"oceanmist" wrote:

How do I stop an email address in a cell appearing as a hyperlink?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

THANK YOU Michael!

I since found another similar option - just double click each cell. Tedious
but does the trick.

There was a response on the forum for a macros - but I'm not that advanced
of a user.

Whyvon

How do I stop an email address in a cell appearing as a hyperlink?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks for the tip Why Von. I'll add it to my list.
--
Sincerely, Michael Colvin