Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bev Bev is offline

Default "Chart Data Range is too complex to be displayed"

Is it time to give up and try something else if the formulas I inserted in my
spreadsheet, analysed in four series of chart data, give me a bar chart
result of 1 squished down tiny line, and the above message when I go to edit
the data?

The chart dialog box also says any data range change will over write all
data in the chart. And the choice I have for row or column selection has
been changed, with any new selection being greyed out.

What was done and what was the object:

created three IF statements comparing START and FINISH data
created a column for major project heading, Deliverable
tried to display completed, in process and not started tasks

formulas seemed to work, based on what was in the output and what the
formula bar indicated.

Ideas?

Bev
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Could you edit the data on the Series tab of that dialog? Perhaps you could
remove the series that is in a different configuration than the others. If
one series has data oriented by row instead of by column, or if it doesn't
line up with the rest of the data, the Data Source dialog will not display
the data range.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

"Bev" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bev Bev is offline

Thanks Jon, I think I've tried that -- I tried a number of different ways to
show my data, including using two charts with the different series
separarated. As I recall, there were several choices greyed out for changes.

I'm not sure what to do next except to try a different approach entirely.

Bev