Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default dialog boxes

So I managed to create a spiffy dialog box which has a bunch of buttons which
run a bunch of macros.

But the dialog box is stuck in a tab called Dialog1.

How do I get the damned thing to show up in a regular tab?
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

DialogSheets("dialog1").Show

Except for a few people (Harald Staff, <vbg) (and support for existing
workbooks), dialogsheets have been (mostly) replaced by userforms (since xl97).

If you want to use userforms, you may want to read Debra Dalgleish's notes:
http://contextures.com/xlUserForm01.html

Dave F wrote:

So I managed to create a spiffy dialog box which has a bunch of buttons which
run a bunch of macros.

But the dialog box is stuck in a tab called Dialog1.

How do I get the damned thing to show up in a regular tab?
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Making fun of the elderly now, are we? There are some things Dialogs can do
that Userforms can't. But Dialogs are not for those who need Sub-End Sub to
be generated automatically for them <gd&r

Best wishes Harald

"Dave Peterson" skrev i melding
DialogSheets("dialog1").Show

Except for a few people (Harald Staff, <vbg) (and support for existing
workbooks), dialogsheets have been (mostly) replaced by userforms (since

xl97).

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Right, I've only created userforms before.

I use XL2000 @ work and was playing around with the dialogue box option.

Thanks for the info.
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

"Harald Staff" wrote:

Making fun of the elderly now, are we? There are some things Dialogs can do
that Userforms can't. But Dialogs are not for those who need Sub-End Sub to
be generated automatically for them <gd&r

Best wishes Harald

"Dave Peterson" skrev i melding
DialogSheets("dialog1").Show

Except for a few people (Harald Staff, <vbg) (and support for existing
workbooks), dialogsheets have been (mostly) replaced by userforms (since

xl97).

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

All their code is to be written in a standard module, assigned to controls
by rightclick - assign macro, just like drawing objects on spreadsheets.
Dialogs and their objects doesn't have events like keydown, mousemove, exit
and all that.

They can handle almost all kinds of graphics, including the extremely sexy
live spreadsheet pictures generated by the camera tool. Dialogs' and their
controls are parts of distinct collections (as in Editboxes(1),
Editboxes(2), ... ). So they make a great supplement to your familiar
weapons.

HTH. Best wishes Harald

"Dave F" skrev i melding