Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel Form

Hello all expert here...

I would like to know how to create a pull down in excel which limits the
choice of the inputters?
In addition, is there any word count function that i can use to limit the
word inputted in the text box?

Thanks much.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Agreed. Data Validation will solve both your issues.

Alan wrote:
Have a look at Data Validation in Help,
Regards,
Alan.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You could use a formula and count spaces
under datavalidation select custom,

=(LEN(B1)-LEN(SUBSTITUTE(B1," ","")))<=4

for 4 spaces e.g. 5 words, that means you can write

"The rain in Spain stays"

but not

"The rain in Spain stays mainly in the plain"

Peo Sjoblom

Excel 95 - Excel 2007
Northwest Excel Solutions
www.nwexcelsolutions.com
(Remove ^^ from email)

Alan wrote:
Have a look at Data Validation in Help,
Regards,
Alan.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Regarding the data validation, I have quite a long list for the user to
choose, is it possible that i saved the choices in the other worksheet?
I tried, but it does not allow me to do it.

Please kindly advice.

"kaci" wrote in message
Hello all expert here...

I would like to know how to create a pull down in excel which limits the
choice of the inputters?
In addition, is there any word count function that i can use to limit the
word inputted in the text box?

Thanks much.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Check out this link to Debra Dalgleish's web page on this subject.

Scroll down to number 2, which exactly addresses your issue here.

Then read through the rest of the pages for more insight on data validation.
--
HTH,

RD