Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Print Worksheets in Reverse Order

A user has a number of workbooks that were set up adding a new sheet for each
new time period, be it a day, month, week, year, etc. So, in one example,
Sheet 1 would be January, Sheet 2 would be February, and so on. They want to
easily print all the sheets in the workbook in reverse sheet order, so that
December (Sheet 12) is on top and January (Sheet 1) is on the bottom. I
cannot find a way to do this in Excel, and their printer does not have a
reverse printing option. Is there any way to do this short of a macro (and
for that matter, can it even be done in a macro?).
Many thanks in advance for any assistance.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Two thoughts:

1) Yes, it could be done with a macro but I'm not sure how that code would
look.

2) When I select print from the file menu in Excel, I am given a dialogue
box which has a button, "Properties" in the upper right hand corner.
Clicking that button, I am given the option to change the print order; i.e.,
back to front. See if you have that option as well.

Dave
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

"JenniferLee" wrote:

A user has a number of workbooks that were set up adding a new sheet for each
new time period, be it a day, month, week, year, etc. So, in one example,
Sheet 1 would be January, Sheet 2 would be February, and so on. They want to
easily print all the sheets in the workbook in reverse sheet order, so that
December (Sheet 12) is on top and January (Sheet 1) is on the bottom. I
cannot find a way to do this in Excel, and their printer does not have a
reverse printing option. Is there any way to do this short of a macro (and
for that matter, can it even be done in a macro?).
Many thanks in advance for any assistance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks for your help (and quick response), and I appreciate your suggestion.
The Properties button is for the Printer and their printer (and most of our
printers here) do not have that capability, so in this case, that won't do
the trick. That is why I was hoping there was a way to do it through Excel,
not the printer.

Thanks again.

"JenniferLee" wrote:

A user has a number of workbooks that were set up adding a new sheet for each
new time period, be it a day, month, week, year, etc. So, in one example,
Sheet 1 would be January, Sheet 2 would be February, and so on. They want to
easily print all the sheets in the workbook in reverse sheet order, so that
December (Sheet 12) is on top and January (Sheet 1) is on the bottom. I
cannot find a way to do this in Excel, and their printer does not have a
reverse printing option. Is there any way to do this short of a macro (and
for that matter, can it even be done in a macro?).
Many thanks in advance for any assistance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Paste this into a standard module:

Sub DictatePrintSheetOrder()
Dim Shname
Shname = Array("Sheet2", "Sheet3", "Sheet1")
For N = LBound(Shname) To UBound(Shname)
Sheets(Shname(N)).PrintPreview 'Change PrintPreview to
PrintOut if it is working correct
Next
End Sub

HTH - advise whether it works for you..