Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Selecting from a list

I consider myself knowledgeable in Excel, but this has me beat!

I've inherited a spreadsheet from a colleague which I have to modify.

When I click in any cell within the spreadsheet, a drop-down arrow
appears next to it. Clicking on this brings up a list of seven
entries. I know the drop-down list is not the one from the Controls
Toolbox, nor is it the combo box. The drop-down list appears within
the cell, with the drop-down arrow just to the right.

I need to add a couple of other options, which means adding two more
drop-down...but I haven't a clue how to add them!

HELP!!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

What you're seeing is an in-cell dropdown. It is created by clicking
(from the menu) ~Data ~Validation. A window appears, and you in the
"Allow" box you choose "List". A separate box appears to allow you to
enter the Source range for that list. So to edit the list, you may need
to expand the range specified in the Source box, then add items for the
in-cell dropdown in the Source range.