Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default displaying filtered data

Looking for any suggestions on how to handle this - I have a
spreadsheet with data which includes a column titled COMMENTS which may
or may not have a 30-40 character comment entered. Other information is
being captured as well. I'd say no more than 10% of the data
includes comments.

I will be using a filter to select the data by date. I would like to
string all the rows with comments into on area so that these can be
printed. I do not want to include the rows without comments entered.

I obviously could do this on a one time basis. Want I was hoping for
was some other insight on how to do this on an ongoing basis as the
filter changes.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CLR CLR is offline

Use Data Filter Autofilter and choose "Non-Blanks" from the drop down
arrow on the column which has the comments........

hth
Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"mar10" wrote:

Looking for any suggestions on how to handle this - I have a
spreadsheet with data which includes a column titled COMMENTS which may
or may not have a 30-40 character comment entered. Other information is
being captured as well. I'd say no more than 10% of the data
includes comments.

I will be using a filter to select the data by date. I would like to
string all the rows with comments into on area so that these can be
printed. I do not want to include the rows without comments entered.

I obviously could do this on a one time basis. Want I was hoping for
was some other insight on how to do this on an ongoing basis as the
filter changes.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

unfortunately I need to do some calculations on other data by date -
regardless if there is any info in the COMMENT column.

I may end up needing to do some MACRO to accomplish what I want.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CLR CLR is offline

Perhaps you could do the "date" AutoFilter first, then do the "comments"
AutoFilter...

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3