Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default file download problem

I download a file daily from a website by clicking the link 'download file in
csv.format(zipped)'.file downloadwhen I click 'open',the said folder
opens in 'FILENAME.xls' format automatically in one of my computer. Recently
we got a new pc where I do the same task, the said folder opens as
'compressed(zipped)folder' and to open that folder I had go through a wizard
and had to go through many steps.Both of my computers having same system
'Widows-xp'.How to sort out this problem.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

..CSV files should be owned by Excel.

I think I'd try reregistering excel to see if it could take back ownership.

Close Excel and
Windows Start Button|Run
excel /unregserver
then