Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Index, Match

Hi,

I have a 2 columns of data that is downloaded from an extrernal source. The
list varies in length. At the bottom of the entries in column B is a cell
that calculates the average of all the entries above. The cell to the left is
titled 'Total Average (xxx)' where xxx is the number of entries.

I need to link to the Total Average figure from another worksheet.

I have been using the Index, Match function elsewhere. But because xxx
varies this is not possible.

Can I somehow use the Left function with Index Match such that only Total
Average is the Matched variable? And if so how do I write the formula for
this?

Or can somebody suggest an alternative method?

Thanks

Dave