Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Rik Dynamic Sheets, One Master

Need help with the following –

1. I have 12 sheets, 1 per each month (Jan, Feb, Mar, and so on)
2. Each of these 12 tabs has different data, based on the month
3. A unique sheet (let’s say Program1) will retrieve data from Jan
sheet. Once month of Jan is over, than this same sheet will need to
retrieve data from Feb sheet (and so on throughout the year).
4. The location of the cells will be static, but the source of the data
will be dynamic.

I was thinking that maybe a “trigger” in a master sheet would dictate
when the Program1 sheet will know if to look for the data in Jan, Feb,
Mar, and so on. For example, I would have a cell with number 1 in the
Master sheet. When the cell has this number, the Program1 sheet
formulas know to retrieve from Jan sheet. If it has a 2, retrieve from
Feb sheet, and so on.

Is this possible? If so, how? Thanks.

--
rz6657
rz6657's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=37572

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Can be all automatic without macros. Say you want to pick up cell D1 from
Jan or Feb, etc. This will do it:
=INDIRECT(TEXT(TODAY(),"mmm")&"!D1")
Today, being August, would pickup cell D1 from Aug. The formula evaluates to
Aug!D1. Next month it would evaluate to Sep!D1, etc.
HTH
Bob Umlas
Excel MVP

"rz6657" wrote in
message ...

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Keep in mind that the Program1 tab will need to pull from the other 12
tabs each individually named by month. Once month August tab is over,
than Program1 tab will need to retrieve data from the September tab
(the Program will retrieve data from 30 unique cells). Than from
October tab, and so on. I'm trying to avoid from having to update all
the source of the 30 formulas every month.

Program1 - always the same
Months - 12 tabs with different data same format and location of cells

Does your formula below help with this or is there something else?

Thanks.