Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Time Stamp

I want to create a column where the user enters a date and time.I that
exceeds a certain number of days when compared to the current date and
time it will turn the cell red. Is this possible?

Thank you!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Use conditional formatting with a formula of

=TODAY()-A120

and select a pattern colour of red.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"japc90" wrote in message
oups.com...
I want to create a column where the user enters a date and time.I that
exceeds a certain number of days when compared to the current date and
time it will turn the cell red. Is this possible?

Thank you!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I got this to work for the date but not the time. Is there a way to get
it to consider time as well. For example, need it to distinguish
between 8:20am and 8:30am. I also had to remove the brackets to get it
to work. What did I do wrong?

Bob Phillips wrote:
Use conditional formatting with a formula of

=TODAY()-A120

and select a pattern colour of red.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"japc90" wrote in message
oups.com...
I want to create a column where the user enters a date and time.I that
exceeds a certain number of days when compared to the current date and
time it will turn the cell red. Is this possible?

Thank you!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Distinguish in what way? My formula tested for the date in A1 being more
than 20 days, how do you wish to incorporate time?

And do you really mean you had to use

=TODAY-A120

because that is just wrong!

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

ups.com...

Bob Phillips wrote:
Use conditional formatting with a formula of

=TODAY()-A120

and select a pattern colour of red.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"japc90" wrote in message
oups.com...
I want to create a column where the user enters a date and time.I that
exceeds a certain number of days when compared to the current date and
time it will turn the cell red. Is this possible?

Thank you!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

This works great. The only problem is that it is turning my empty cells
red as well. How do I avoid this?
Bob Phillips wrote:
Distinguish in what way? My formula tested for the date in A1 being more
than 20 days, how do you wish to incorporate time?

And do you really mean you had to use

=TODAY-A120

because that is just wrong!

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

ups.com...

Bob Phillips wrote:
Use conditional formatting with a formula of

=TODAY()-A120

and select a pattern colour of red.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"japc90" wrote in message
oups.com...
I want to create a column where the user enters a date and time.I that
exceeds a certain number of days when compared to the current date and
time it will turn the cell red. Is this possible?

Thank you!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Change the formula to

=AND(A1<"",TODAY-A120)

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

ups.com...
Bob Phillips wrote:
Distinguish in what way? My formula tested for the date in A1 being more
than 20 days, how do you wish to incorporate time?

And do you really mean you had to use

=TODAY-A120

because that is just wrong!

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

ups.com...

Bob Phillips wrote:
Use conditional formatting with a formula of

=TODAY()-A120

and select a pattern colour of red.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"japc90" wrote in message
oups.com...
I want to create a column where the user enters a date and time.I

that
exceeds a certain number of days when compared to the current date

and
time it will turn the cell red. Is this possible?

Thank you!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks. Works perfect.

Bob Phillips wrote:
Change the formula to

=AND(A1<"",TODAY-A120)

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

ups.com...
Bob Phillips wrote:
Distinguish in what way? My formula tested for the date in A1 being more
than 20 days, how do you wish to incorporate time?

And do you really mean you had to use

=TODAY-A120

because that is just wrong!

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

ups.com...

Bob Phillips wrote:
Use conditional formatting with a formula of

=TODAY()-A120

and select a pattern colour of red.

--
HTH