Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Reading "hidden" text . . .

Cell sizes can't be changed. This sheet just barely prints out a page width
in Landscape. But . . .

One cell pulls text fromn another sheet. What I need is for the text to
show when I either huvver cursor over the cell, or when I click on the cell.

Cell width is about 1/2 as wide as I'd need for all text to show. So if the
cell has . . . "This feature complies the spec no . . . . " what I "see" is
.. . .

|This feature compli|

The rest of the text is "under" the next column.

My preference would be that the text show up when I place cursor over the
cell.

Comments welcome, and appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you select the cell, its text should appear in the formula bar.
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

"Wayne Knazek" wrote:

Cell sizes can't be changed. This sheet just barely prints out a page width
in Landscape. But . . .

One cell pulls text fromn another sheet. What I need is for the text to
show when I either huvver cursor over the cell, or when I click on the cell.

Cell width is about 1/2 as wide as I'd need for all text to show. So if the
cell has . . . "This feature complies the spec no . . . . " what I "see" is
. . .

|This feature compli|

The rest of the text is "under" the next column.

My preference would be that the text show up when I place cursor over the
cell.

Comments welcome, and appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The text is always different. It's the contents of a remarks column in
another report. The remarks could be anything, typed in by the person making
the report.

Actually I posted (2 times) a question asking how to have a comments box
contain varying text.

"Wayne Knazek" wrote:

Cell sizes can't be changed. This sheet just barely prints out a page width
in Landscape. But . . .

One cell pulls text fromn another sheet. What I need is for the text to
show when I either huvver cursor over the cell, or when I click on the cell.

Cell width is about 1/2 as wide as I'd need for all text to show. So if the
cell has . . . "This feature complies the spec no . . . . " what I "see" is
. . .

|This feature compli|

The rest of the text is "under" the next column.

My preference would be that the text show up when I place cursor over the
cell.

Comments welcome, and appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you don't mind macros, consider:

Sub gsnu()
Dim d10 As Range
Dim b2 As Range
Set d10 = Range("D10")
Set b2 = Range("B2")
With d10
.ClearComments
.AddComment
.Comment.Visible = False
.Comment.Text Text:=b2.Value
End With
End Sub

When this macro is run, it takes the value from Cell B2 and updates/creates
a comment in Cell D10 with that value.

As coded, the process is manual. First update B2 and then run the macro.

If you put the same lines in a worksheet change event macro, you can make
the comment refresh automatically whenever B2 is updated.
--
Gary''s Student