Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Painting Locked Cells

How to paint the locked cells automatically ? This will help me to quickly
identify the locked cells and guide the users to stay within the white region
only.

--
Shrikant
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

you could color all the cells, then use the macro from the above site
to select the unlocked cells then press no fill and it will clear.

If you have unlocked cells, then you protect your sheet, all the user
has to to is press the tab key when they make an entry and they will be
taken to the next unlocked cell

--
davesexcel

davesexcel's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=31708
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=573537

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Sub LockedCells()
Dim wk As Worksheet
Dim cl As Range
For Each wk In Worksheets
For Each cl In wk.UsedRange
If cl.Locked = True Then
cl.Interior.ColorIndex = 36
End If
Next
Next
End Sub

OR a User Defined Function that you can employ in Conditonal Formatting.

Function Islocked(rng As Range)
If rng.Locked = True Then Islocked = True
End Function

FormatCFFormula is: =Islocked(A1)

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sun, 20 Aug 2006 06:06:01 -0700, Shrikant
wrote:

How to paint the locked cells automatically ? This will help me to quickly
identify the locked cells and guide the users to stay within the white region
only.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

One more way if you're not using format|Conditional formatting.

Select the range you want to color (it can include locked and unlocked cells)
I used A1:x99

And A1 was my activecell.

Then I used:
format|conditional formatting
formula is:
=CELL("Protect",A1)

And gave it a nice pattern.

Shrikant wrote:

How to paint the locked cells automatically ? This will help me to quickly
identify the locked cells and guide the users to stay within the white region
only.

--
Shrikant

--