Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Shortcut to Excel macro?

Is it possible to create a desktop shortcut that will run an Excel macro
without opening Excel? I have a macro that activates another application
which then exports data to Excel. It would be a convenience not to have to
open Excel to run the macro.
--
- markvi
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Cannot be done using a macro created through VBA.

Excel has to be open to run a VBA macro.

There are many other Macro applications out there that will run from a command
line or shortcut.

http://snipurl.com/v5j9 to see results of a 'net search for "macro recorder"

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP