Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Wes Wes is offline

Default PIVOT TABLE COLUMN

When I either refresh data or change my source data range for pivot table
(Excel 2003), it clears out the column header. I've read several answers to
this question, but I have made the following changes & it didn't help:
Check Preserve formatting
Remove check from AutoFormat Table
I even tried to change the Enable Selection

Nothing has worked. Please help! I really don't want to write a macro to
rebuild this each time. I've had enough frustration getting it to this
point. Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Where is the column header you're referring to?

Is it in the source table, or is it iin the area where your pivot table is?

If it's the latter--refreshing the pivot table essentially is similar to
copying and pasting on top of the old pivot table. Make sure your column
header is outside the range used by the pivot table and you should be set.

If it's the former, then I haven't a clue.

Dave
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

"Wes" wrote:

When I either refresh data or change my source data range for pivot table
(Excel 2003), it clears out the column header. I've read several answers to
this question, but I have made the following changes & it didn't help:
Check Preserve formatting
Remove check from AutoFormat Table
I even tried to change the Enable Selection

Nothing has worked. Please help! I really don't want to write a macro to
rebuild this each time. I've had enough frustration getting it to this
point. Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Wes Wes is offline

The column header is part of the pivot table. There is no reason why this
should change from one set of data to additional data.

"Wes" wrote:

When I either refresh data or change my source data range for pivot table
(Excel 2003), it clears out the column header. I've read several answers to
this question, but I have made the following changes & it didn't help:
Check Preserve formatting
Remove check from AutoFormat Table
I even tried to change the Enable Selection

Nothing has worked. Please help! I really don't want to write a macro to
rebuild this each time. I've had enough frustration getting it to this
point. Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Wes Wes is offline

After thinking about this a minute, I do do one thing that might be
corrupting the pivot table-I have the source table data in another tab of the
same workbook. I have macros that delete/recopy/sort, etc. SO in effect,
the original source data is being taken away & replaced. I think that pivot
table has issues with any movement of the source data. I guess my solution
would be to create an extra tab to paste final data & base the pivot table
off of that growing (but not moving) set of data.

This project I'm working on-I've had roadblocks with every resource I've
used-Monarch has problems lining up .CSV files, macros took me so far but the
table I was building had too many subcalcs for nested subtotals. Excel
apparently doesn't have a hide method/function for several errors in a range.
This has become very peicemeal at best.