Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default covert columns into rows

Hello,
I have 19,000 cells of coulmn data in my notepad.I want to
copy this in a row format in excel.I cannot copy and paste and then
transpose it becuase excel accepts only 256 coulmns of data. Please
help!!!

Sri.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

break it up into blocks of 200 columns, and edit copy edit paste special
transpose each one in turn. This will work if no column is more than 250
rows deep. If that is the case, you will need to make multiple sheets.

--
robert111
robert111's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=31996