Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Updating via workbook links error

I have linked some cells in workbook "A" to corresponding cells in
workbook "B". The idea is to have workbook A update with the most
recent "B" data everytime I open it.
When I open workbook "A", I select the "Update" option, and then get
the error:
"This workbook contains one or more cells that cannot be updated."

I have no columns or rows hidden that have the links, so what else
could it be?

thanks,

Perry

--
PerryClisbee
PerryClisbee's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=37120

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In relation to that error, I DON'T get it if I have the referenced
workbooks open before I open workbook A. Can I update a workbook
without having the workbooks it's linked to opened already?

Perry