Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default vlookup, IF, and ISNA

Need help with maybe simple formula.

I want to retrieve data based on a reporting date. I have two ranges
(actual and projected).

If retrieval date is equal to or less than reporting date, vlookup
retrieve data from actual range. If no data, return zero.

If retrieval date is greater than reporting date, vlookup retrieve data
from projected range. If no data, return zero.

=IF(E18<=$B$5,VLOOKUP(E18,ACTUAL,2,FALSE),IF(E18$ B$5,VLOOKUP(E18,PROJECTED,2,FALSE)))

E18 equals retrieval date, and B5 equals reporting date.

Newbie here, thanks in advance for your help.
MMBOLI

--
MMBOLI
MMBOLI's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=37630

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

MMBOLI wrote:
Need help with maybe simple formula.

I want to retrieve data based on a reporting date. I have two ranges
(actual and projected).

If retrieval date is equal to or less than reporting date, vlookup
retrieve data from actual range. If no data, return zero.

If retrieval date is greater than reporting date, vlookup retrieve
data from projected range. If no data, return zero.

=IF(E18<=$B$5,VLOOKUP(E18,ACTUAL,2,FALSE),IF(E18$ B$5,VLOOKUP(E18,PROJECTED,2,FALSE)))

E18 equals retrieval date, and B5 equals reporting date.

Newbie here, thanks in advance for your help.
MMBOLI

Try with this:

=IF(ISNA(IF(E18<=$B$5,VLOOKUP(E18,ACTUAL,2,FALSE), VLOOKUP(E18,PROJECTED,2,FALSE))),"",IF(E18<=$B$5,V LOOKUP(E18,ACTUAL,2,FALSE),VLOOKUP(E18,PROJECTED,2 ,FALSE)))

--
Hope I helped you.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Ciao