Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default MATCH AND REPLACE TEXT FROM TWO DIFFERENCE WORKBOOKS

I imported data from a DB to an Excel spreadsheet "A". The import left out
the last digit of the phone number. The spreadsheet has been modified and
sorted to meet each users needs. When the error was discovered I re-imported
the data "B" and the complete phone number appeared in (###) ###-#### format.
I would like to match the phone number in SS "A" with that of SS "B" and
replace the phone number in SS "A" with the correct one from SS "B". I tried
nesting the replace and match formulas, the fnd formula and others but always
get a "#value" error.
Thanks in advance
Wayne
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Wayne wrote:
I imported data from a DB to an Excel spreadsheet "A". The import
left out the last digit of the phone number. The spreadsheet has been
modified and sorted to meet each users needs. When the error was
discovered I re-imported the data "B" and the complete phone number
appeared in (###) ###-#### format. I would like to match the phone
number in SS "A" with that of SS "B" and replace the phone number in
SS "A" with the correct one from SS "B". I tried nesting the replace
and match formulas, the fnd formula and others but always get a
"#value" error.
Thanks in advance
Wayne

Hi Wayne,

I think you can use a VLOOKUP. Check the online help and try. If you need
more help we are here...

--
Hope I helped you.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.