Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
SJT SJT is offline

Default Paste Special

I would like to take the contents from b2:b15 and move them to a2:a15 and
have the contents from a2:a15 move one column over to b2:b15 w/o adding a
column and then moving the contents. Is there a way to do this w/ Paste
Special or some other function. Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I can't speak confidently about older versions, but in Excel 2003, you could
use the Office Clipboard.

1. Click Edit/Office Clipboard.
2. Highlight and copy b2:b15. It will appear in the Clipboard panel on the
right.
3. Highlight and Copy a2:a15. It will aslo appear in the Clipboard.
4. With a2:a15 still highlighted, click on the first item in the clipboard
which was the original data in col b. The col b data willbe pasted into the
cells.
5. Repeat this procedure to past the col a data into the col b cells.

Hope this works out for you.