Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Macro Help - Indefinite Rows

I have a macro set up on the following file:
www.oksana-design.com/Spreadsheet.xls

If you scroll to W6, you will see the list of dates, and their
respective numbers underneath.
I have set up a macro so that when you push "Week Update," the dates
move over to the left along with their respective numbers underneath.
The macro works fine on this file. However, if I add any more rows
(right now the last row is 175) the macro stops working. It stops
working because of the fact that it only knows to change up to row 175.

How can I set up the macro so that it always conforms to the number of
rows in my table, and I don't have to manually change it everytime I
add a row?

Thank you.

--
piano.lisa
piano.lisa's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=37601

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Create a named range for your selected area X9:AF174. To do this, highlight
X9:AF174. Then go to Insert-Name-Define. Give it a name. For my example,
I used "Test". Once this is created, the named range should automatically
adjust if rows are inserted before the last row of the range (row 174).
Once it's added, the named range is adjusted to row 175 and so on. To
reference the named range in your macro, see below.

Range("Test").Select
Selection.Copy
Range("W9").Select
ActiveSheet.Paste
Range("Test").Select
Selection.ClearContents
Range("W4").Select
With Worksheets("Asphalt").Range("w7")
.Value = .Value + 7
End With

HTH,
Paul

Range("Test").Select
"piano.lisa" wrote
in message ...

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thank you. For anyone else using this method, please note that the
second "Range("Test").Select" should not use "Test" but another named
range.

Anyways, works great! Thank you.

PCLIVE Wrote:
[...]

View this thread:

aposatsk
aposatsk's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=36709
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=572222

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Oops! You are correct. It should've been something like:

Range("Test").Select
Selection.Copy
Range("W9").Select
ActiveSheet.Paste
Range("AF9:AF" & Range("Test").Rows.Count + 8).Select
Selection.ClearContents
Range("W4").Select
With Worksheets("Asphalt").Range("w7").Value =
..Value + 7
End With

Range("Test").Rows.Count + 8

"aposatsk" wrote in