Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Need to send a fax via a fax server from excel

Good Morning.

I would like to send the active workbook as a fax via a fax server
using outlook. In order to do this I select File - Send to - Mail
Recipient.

I then fill in the details 'From:', 'To:', 'CC:' and subject and hit
the send key.

I would like to automate this by means of a macro. Could someone please
help me.

Oh! I also need to ensure that the contents will fit on a sheet of A4
paper.

Thanks for all your help. I look forward to hearing from you.:)

--
NSKearns
NSKearns's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=36948

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you're looking to create a macro, then you need to record the setps
involved in snding the file out.

Tools--Macros--Record new macros
"NSKearns" wrote:

Good Morning.

I would like to send the active workbook as a fax via a fax server
using outlook. In order to do this I select File - Send to - Mail
Recipient.

I then fill in the details 'From:', 'To:', 'CC:' and subject and hit
the send key.

I would like to automate this by means of a macro. Could someone please
help me.

Oh! I also need to ensure that the contents will fit on a sheet of A4
paper.

Thanks for all your help. I look forward to hearing from you.:)

--
NSKearns
NSKearns's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=36948
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=572102

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thank you for your reply. I know how to record macros but unfortuantely
you are unable to record macros that involving selecting anything from
the menu.

I need VB for this to work properly. I have already written a macro but
it involves opening Outlook and sending the file as an attachment but
this doesn't work to well.

Thanks.

--
NSKearns
NSKearns's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=36948
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=572102

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Dave,

Well if you could maybe give me a little more information I would be
really grateful.

Thanks.

--
NSKearns
NSKearns's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=36948
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=572102

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I would record the actions via a macro and look at the VBA code that returns
once the macro is saved.

That would point you in the right direction as to the code you need to use.
Unfortunately I'm not familiar with fax servers or how Excel communicates
with Outlook via VBA so I really can't offer anything more concrete than that.

Dave