Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default A cell visable on a graphic

I want to have a formula in a cell in the middle of a graphic. In this
case I want a diagram with a dimension that will change depending on a
value entered in another cell. The diagram ideally will be a graphic
file (e.g. a "jpg"). Can I have a cell "show through" the graphic? Does
anyone have a way I can achieve this or something similar?
Thanks for any help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Campbell,

If you go to ToolsOptionsView and check formulas it
will display the formulas in each cell. You could then use
printscreen to save the screen image as a jpeg and crop
the image to suit. Is that what you are looking for?

HTH
Martin

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Many thanks for your response Martin.

I have found the (almost) perfecr solution to inserting a formula
(result) into a graphic. It involves pasting a copy of the cell
containing the formula onto the graphic. I read someone's reply to a
similar query somewhere that explained it all.
The method is to copy the formula cell - hold down shift and select the
<edit menu tab, then select <paste picture link. You then have a copy
of that cell that you can drag to any position over a graphic.
Fantastic! Now all I want is to find a way to reformat that copied cell
different to the cell it was copied from...

I really appreciate those who help us relative novices via these
newsgroups. Thanks again to you Martin.