Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Data Forms

I'm using Excel 2003 SP2. I have a requirement to send +- 155000 records to
various external parties. I want them to add to the data which I send them,
but not to modify any existing data. The spreadsheets contain 60 fields of
which the first 28 should remain untouched. I have exported the data from
Access and therefore all data per row is related (as in a database)

I would like to have all the data in one workbook. Because of the number of
records I will have to split it into 3 worksheets.

I need to enforce some data capture rules for the columns I want added.

I need to know whether I can use a form of some sort (I read that data forms
are limited to 32 columns and therefore that is not an option) whereby users
can select their own relevant records and capture required data.

Can I protect the 3 worksheets which hold the data?

I would appreciate any assistance, advice or comments. Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

John Walkenbach has an enhanced data form:
http://j-walk.com/ss/dataform/index.htm

And the source code is available for a small fee ($20 USA, IIRC).

Maybe you could protect the worksheets (hide them, too) and allow access only
through your userforms?

But be aware that excel's worksheet and workbook protection isn't made for this
type of thing. If the user is curious enough, he or she will be able to break
your protection and do whatever he/she wants.

--

Dave Peterson