Don A.

Default MROUND function disappears

When using MROUND, the MROUND function turns itself off randomly and all the
cells that used MROUND become non-functional. To restart MROUND, we have to
uncheck the Analysis Toolpak and then checkmark it again. We don't reboot or
close the worksheet. This happens on Excel XP and 2003, on all different
computers. Present PC is XP Pro, 3GHz P4, 1GB RAM. The excel files are
located on a Windows 2000 server.

This is becoming very frustrating for the user. We can't find any posts on
the subject. I can't beleive we're the only ones experiencing this problem.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks
--
Don A.
LAN/Telecommunications Coord.
Peo Sjoblom

Never heard of it before, you can use a non ATP function te replace MROUND,
for instance

MROUND(1.3, 0.2) returns 1.4 (round to neares 0.2) and

the built in round

=ROUND(1.3/0.2,0)*0.2

will do the same

in fact I try to stay away from the as much as possible since you never know
if you send someone a workbook and they haven't installed it.

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"Don A." wrote:

When using MROUND, the MROUND function turns itself off randomly and all the
cells that used MROUND become non-functional. To restart MROUND, we have to
uncheck the Analysis Toolpak and then checkmark it again. We don't reboot or
close the worksheet. This happens on Excel XP and 2003, on all different
computers. Present PC is XP Pro, 3GHz P4, 1GB RAM. The excel files are
located on a Windows 2000 server.

This is becoming very frustrating for the user. We can't find any posts on
the subject. I can't beleive we're the only ones experiencing this problem.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks
--
Don A.
LAN/Telecommunications Coord.
Mystic Stamp Co.

JE McGimpsey

I've no idea why MROUND is "turn(ing) itself off", but MROUND is a
derivative function, so it can be replaced with native XL functions with
no problems.

For example, if the current formula is

=MROUND(A1, 2)

The you can use