Bill Clark

Default File size increase

I am working with a pretty simple file of 500 rows and 11 columns. I began
noticing today that it took a very long time to save. When I checked the
properties of the file it shows that it is 2,444 k . That is much larger
than most all my exel files with even more information in them. The
sophisticated thing I had done was to set up conditional formatting for all
the cells with data in them. Experimenting and removing that did not
decrease the file size. Where else should I look to decrease the file size?
What could have happened?

Thank you

Bill
Gord Dibben

Bill

Hit CTRL + END to see where Excel takes you.

Could be Excel has over-estimated your used range.

For help on re-setting, see Debra Dalgleish's site.

http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlfaqApp.html#Unused

Gord Dibben Excel MVP