kden01

Default How do I add a balloon message to a locked cell

I would like to add a balloon message to a locked cell to advise other users
that the cell is retricted
Mike R

Data ValidationInput Message and check €śShow input msg when cell is
selected€ť. A balloon will show up at the cell or at the office assistant if
it is active.

Mike R.

"kden01" wrote:

I would like to add a balloon message to a locked cell to advise other users
that the cell is retricted

Gord Dibben

Insert Comment?

Unprotect the sheet, add the Comment then re-protect.

If using Version 2002 or 2003 you can prevent the user from selecting unlocked
cells.

When Protecting the sheet you will be given a dialog of options to choose
from.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP