Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default lists dependent on preceding list selection

I want to make a pull-down list, but I want the list column B to be
dependent on what someone pulls down in column A. For example:

ANIMAL DESCRIPTION
dog terrier, sheperd, daschound, great dane
cat marbled, tabby, ferral
fish big, small, goldfish
horse racing, working, farm, cart

So, if someone pulls down "dog" in A, I only want the possible dog
descriptions displayed, and so on. I don't really know VBA programming,
but if that's the only way to do it, I'll learn. Just need some guidance
from those smarter excel folks.

Thanks!!

--
Weissme
Weissme's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=34044

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max Max is offline

Try Debra Dalgleish's page at:
Excel -- Data Validation -- Create Dependent Lists
--
Max
Singapore