-   -   Urgent - How to fix grayed out option under Tools|Options|Chart? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/10416-urgent-how-fix-grayed-out-option-under-tools%7Coptions%7Cchart.html)

saturnin02

Urgent - How to fix grayed out option under Tools|Options|Chart?

Win XP HE, XL 2002 SP3
Hi,
I am doing a rush presentation and am stuck...!
Under Tools|Options| Chart tab, the otion to "Plot empty cells as: Not
plotted" is grayed out.
Yet, that is precisely what I need to do.
How can I fix that?
I have other charts where the optin is available.
What am I doing wrong?

saturnin02

I found out the following: I had an "area chart" which (by definition I
guess) will build the area from "0". Changing it to a line chart, did the
trick.