Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Find next occurance

In cell C2 I have a vlookup formula (=VLOOKUP(A1,'NHL SCHEDULE'!H:I,2,0))
that looks up the word ducks in column H in a tab called NHL Schedule . The
words ducks occurs a number of times in column H in the NHL Schedule tab. I
would like a formula for cell C3 that looks up the next occurance of the word
ducks. Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try this *array* formula in C2:

=IF(COUNTIF('NHL SCHEDULE'!$H$1:$H$100,$A$1)=ROWS($1:1),INDEX('NHL
SCHEDULE'!$I$1:$I$100,SMALL(IF('NHL
SCHEDULE'!$H$1:$H$100=$A$1,ROW($1:$100)),ROWS($1:1 ))),"")

--
Array formulas must be entered with CSE, <Ctrl <Shift <Enter, instead of
the regular <Enter, which will *automatically* enclose the formula in curly

*AFTER* the CSE entry, copy the formula down Column C as far as needed to
return *all* the occurrences of the team entered in A1.

Also, since this is an array formula, you *cannot* use total column
reference ( H:I ).
--
HTH,

RD

"Jambruins" wrote in message
In cell C2 I have a vlookup formula (=VLOOKUP(A1,'NHL SCHEDULE'!H:I,2,0))
that looks up the word ducks in column H in a tab called NHL Schedule .
The
words ducks occurs a number of times in column H in the NHL Schedule tab.
would like a formula for cell C3 that looks up the next occurance of the
word
ducks. Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The only way I can see a #NAME? error being returned is if one of the
functions were misspelled.
"Misspelled" could *also* mean an added <space!

The *only* spaces in the formula are in your sheet names, between the "NHL"
and "Schedule".
So, check to see if you might be a victim of 'line wrap', where a <space or
two might have been added somewhere in a function name.

--
HTH,

RD

"Jambruins" wrote in message
In cell C2 I have a vlookup formula (=VLOOKUP(A1,'NHL
SCHEDULE'!H:I,2,0))
that looks up the word ducks in column H in a tab called NHL Schedule .
The
words ducks occurs a number of times in column H in the NHL Schedule
tab.
would like a formula for cell C3 that looks up the next occurance of
the
word
ducks. Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You're welcome, and appreciate the feed-back.

RD
-------------------
-------------------

"RagDyer" wrote:

The only way I can see a #NAME? error being returned is if one of the
functions were misspelled.
"Misspelled" could *also* mean an added <space!

The *only* spaces in the formula are in your sheet names, between the

"NHL"
and "Schedule".
So, check to see if you might be a victim of 'line wrap', where a <space

or
two might have been added somewhere in a function name.

--
HTH,

RD

-

-

"RagDyer" wrote:

[...]

Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may benefit

!

"Jambruins" wrote in message
In cell C2 I have a vlookup formula (=VLOOKUP(A1,'NHL
SCHEDULE'!H:I,2,0))
that looks up the word ducks in column H in a tab called NHL Schedule

..