tod1west

Default How do I plot Excel data on a floorplan?

I'm trying to find a way to plot data from an Excel worksheet on a floorplan
diagram. The data reflects room assignments for a hospital, so some data
stays the same for days while other data changes on a twice a day basis. I
want to enable someone to be able to enter the data on the worksheet and have
excel output the names, etc in the proper room assignments on the floorplan
automatically. The users could then print this floorplan to locate the
assignments more easily. I can either scan a hardcopy of the floorplan, or I
have access to Visio so I could also quickly construct a digital version of
the floorplan if it would work better that way. This will be used by others
so I'm trying to make it as straightforward as possible.

Thanks!
CLR

One way would be to set your cell sizes to be approximately "square" in
shape.........consider each to be one square foot, and "draw" your floorplan
in Excel by using the cell borders, to outline rooms, hallways,
etc.........then pick a cell in each room and link it to a list set off
elsewhere in the sheet..........you could even use Conditional Formatting to
color the cells as to status, like"contageous", or the type of duties to be
performed there, or whatever, in accordance with another list..........

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3