Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Dropdown list

Hi all -
After creating a dropdown box, is there a way to make the dropdown arrow
always visible? The user may not know there is any info available in the box
until they highlight it. I want to create a list of items so that when a user
clicks the dropdown box or arrow, they will see the inventory available for
that area. This will be just a list to view available items in the list, they
will not need to select any of these items. I am creating cells for different
locations and each dropdown list will reflect what is available in that
location. Thanks!
Regards, Duane
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I assume you are using Data Validation as the drop-down; look at a ListBox on
the "Forms" toolbar which does have the arrow visible. You can still refer to
the same data list.

HTH