Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default how do i convert minutes to hours

I have a spreadsheet that was forwarded to me in minutes but I need to covert
these minutes to hours ie 74 minutes should be 1:14 minutes.

Any suggestions?

Miriam

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Miriam,

If the minutes are supplied as a number (of minutes):

=A1/24/60

Format as Time

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"m fournier" <m wrote in message ...
|I have a spreadsheet that was forwarded to me in minutes but I need to covert
| these minutes to hours ie 74 minutes should be 1:14 minutes.
|
| Any suggestions?
|
| Miriam

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If your cell with 74 is A1 and formatted as general or number then you
need to divide by 1440 (the number of minutes in a day)

either use another column with formula

=A1/1440

format as [h]:mm

or if you want to convert a whole range in situ do this:

put 1440 in an empy cell and copy that cell
select range to convert
edit paste special divide

--
daddylonglegs