-   -   How can I use the COUNTIF formula on a group of specific cells? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/102857-how-can-i-use-countif-formula-group-specific-cells.html)

1day@atime

How can I use the COUNTIF formula on a group of specific cells?

I have a worksheet with Yes/No questions. I'm trying to recognize and count
each "x" in the Yes field for each specific question and it's not allowing me
to.

I can get it to add a range of cells, but not a group of specific cells.

Anyone know how to do this?

Thought it would look a little like this: =COUNTIF((B6,H6,I6,B21,H21,I21)"X")

Thanks for the help!

Biff

How can I use the COUNTIF formula on a group of specific cells?

but not a group of specific cells.

EXACTLY which specific cells?

Biff

"1day@atime" wrote in message
I have a worksheet with Yes/No questions. I'm trying to recognize and
count
each "x" in the Yes field for each specific question and it's not allowing
me
to.

I can get it to add a range of cells, but not a group of specific cells.

Anyone know how to do this?

Thought it would look a little like this:
=COUNTIF((B6,H6,I6,B21,H21,I21)"X")

Thanks for the help!

Bob Phillips

How can I use the COUNTIF formula on a group of specific cells?

=SUMPRODUCT(COUNTIF(INDIRECT({"B6","H6","I6","B21" ,"H21","I21"}),"X"))

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"1day@atime" wrote in message
I have a worksheet with Yes/No questions. I'm trying to recognize and

count
each "x" in the Yes field for each specific question and it's not allowing

me
to.

I can get it to add a range of cells, but not a group of specific cells.

Anyone know how to do this?

Thought it would look a little like this:

=COUNTIF((B6,H6,I6,B21,H21,I21)"X")

Thanks for the help!

Dave Peterson

How can I use the COUNTIF formula on a group of specific cells?

And one mo
=(B6="x")+(H6="x")+(I6="x")+(B21="x")+(H21="x")+(I 21="x")