Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Can't find topic for count

Hi,
After failing at solving my problem and even spending hours looking for
solution on the forum, I thought its time to throw in the towel and ask for
expert help.

Situation:

I want to write a code so that I can count a large data sheet - Monthly log
report.
Assumed:
Column A: Date(day) since 05/2005
Column B: location (random
Column C: Amount used

I'm looking for a code that allow my search for the date range (month of
June, 2005) with the location at L.A. and count or sume the amount total in
column C.

Can anyone direct to a related thread or help.

Thank you,
Thomas
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Assuming your columns of data are all the same length you can use this
formula

Code:

=SUMPRODUCT((MONTH(A1:A10)=6)*(YEAR(A1:A10)=2005)* (B1:B10="L.A.")*(C1:C10))

--
Excelenator

Excelenator's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=36768
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=567248