Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Opening Excel

I have a spreadsheet that always opens to a cell in Column DX. I thought
Excel would reopen afile to the cell that was last saved.

How can I have the spreadsheet open to the last cell that used and not
always to Column DX?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Excel will open in the way it was previously saved--unless there's a helpful
macro that's running when you open the file.

Can you open that file with macros disabled to test it?

If that works, it's time to look for that helpful macro.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I thought Excel would reopen afile to the cell that was last saved.

It does, unless something intervenes. Try disabling macros to see if the
problem goes away. If so you can then modify or delete the macro..

--
Jim
"Mike" wrote in message
|I have a spreadsheet that always opens to a cell in Column DX. I thought
| Excel would reopen afile to the cell that was last saved.
|
| How can I have the spreadsheet open to the last cell that used and not
| always to Column DX?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

There are no macros associated with this worksheet.

"Mike" wrote in message
|I have a spreadsheet that always opens to a cell in Column DX. I thought
| Excel would reopen afile to the cell that was last saved.
|
| How can I have the spreadsheet open to the last cell that used and not
| always to Column DX?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Any chance you have a macro in a different workbook that's running?

Try closing excel
then
windows start button|run
type:
excel /safe
and file|open your workbook

Starting excel in safe mode will not allow any macro to run.